Join us for this in-depth hands-on workshop and learn how to:
- Build a GraphQL API and in doing so they learn the fundamentals of creating a schema, define resolvers and query said API,
- Create microservices and Dockerize them, this will explain the concepts of a Microservice and how you can prepare this for the Cloud through Dockerizing it. It also makes it consumable for a GraphQL API, which we will show,
- Host the API in a Serverless function and deploy the same, this will teach some fundamentals in Serverless function creation, debugging and deployment.
You must provide your own laptop computer (Windows or Mac) for this hands-on workshop.
Laptop Computer Configurations - please install prior to joining us in Las Vegas:
- .NET Core
- VS or VS Code (with C# extension)
- Docker + Docker Compose, Docker is an optional part of the workshop but highly recommended
- For deploy section of the workshop, Having set up a free Azure account https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/?wt.mc_id=devto-blog-chnoring
- Node.js ( is needed for Azure Functions dependencies)
- Have Node.js installed and then run “npm install -g azure-functions-core-tools@2” in the terminal
- brew tap azure/functions
- brew install azure-functions-core-tools